Monday, March 5, 2007

Going to Graceland...




Well, a lot has been going on in our lives this week! Russell got a new job with a firm in downtown Memphis. He accepted it on Friday and I should have known he was moving me away from my comfort zone the minute he showed up with flowers from Jody's! We decided to make a trip to Home Depot that afternoon to purchase a "For Sale by Owner" sign. We also bought an info tube to stock with informative flyers on the house. I designed the flyer for the info box and we made color copies at Staples after dinner that night. On Saturday, we drove to Ripley to have our taxes done. Once we returned home, we counted the flyers to see how many had been taken. Six out of the ten flyers were already gone! I was so proud! But not as proud as I was on Sunday when we had someone stop by to see the house. Little did we know that they'd buy the house after looking at it for 30 minutes!!!

I'm really sad about moving from both Tupelo and the new house but feel very blessed to be able to go with my husband to Memphis. Russell actually started work today so the initial plans were for me to stay behind in Tupelo and sell the house. Lord only knows how long that could have taken... weeks, maybe even months since the market is so saturated. Now, I only have to stay around for two weeks and pack up. Yep, that's right. We have to be out of the house by Monday, March 19th!!! Our plans are to look into real estate in Hernando, Olive Branch, etc. Who knows where we'll end up moving but I'll definitely keep you posted as we make those decisions....

Until then, please be patient as we make this transition in our lives. I have plenty of posts that are late from February but I promise to make them up to everyone. I would love to know your opinion on where we should look so give me a shout out if you have any suggestions...

3 comments:

jgaskin said...

You are such a NERD!! You are the blog queen and I love you!

Crystal and Billy said...

Glad to hear that it didn't take ya'll long to sell your house...

Anonymous said...

Hillary,
Crissie told me today that ya'll were moving. Me and Joey live in Southaven and are actually wanting to moving towards Hernando. I worked in downtown Memphis last year and the drive is not bad at all. Let me know if ya'll have ANY questions.

Here is my email address:
leahbeidleman@hotmail.com

Leah