Thursday, July 3, 2008

Truth Be Told

I apologize I haven't been on top of blogging lately. I'm still evaluating whether I'm spreading myself too thin by being involved with so much in addition to my daily job (AtoI, DG Recruitment, JA, to name a few). I may be taking a break from the blog for a while since my husband, friends, extended family, and home are not getting the TLC they deserve. If you've called or e-mailed and I have not responded, please try again. I truly do appreciate them. It's the e-mails, comments, phone calls, and cards that inspire me to keep this thing going!


Mississippi State & Ole Miss Delta Gamma Officers and Advisers


While I'm still compiling all of my pictures from Convention, I thought I would fill you in on what's been going on and why this blog has not been a priority...

- Our church's VBS was last week. The theme was Power Lab and I was a Crew Leader for the pre-schoolers. It was the cheapest form of birth control yet!
- Hubby bought a Honda Accord and has decided to park his SUV for a while. That makes four cars for two people. We look like a used car lot!
- Hubby won his appeal! We celebrated last night at Old Venice with the attorney that had the case before him.
- My job it tough these days! The furniture industry is struggling. I may be looking to get into something else soon. Anyone know of any job opportunities that would be fun while using my creativity???
- I'm helping one of my college friends, get her china & gift shop, The Square Cupboard, ready for the Grand Opening on July 26. We're really excited that she'll be carrying paper products by Address to Impress, our line of stationery & invitations. If you're ever near Hernando, stop by!
- Jennifer, my stationery business partner, and I have plans to attend the Atlanta Gift Market next weekend. We will be evaluating whether or not to attend next year as an exhibitor. Exciting but nerve racking at the same time. If we decide to take the challenge, we're really going to need your support!

I'm sure there's plenty more I'm forgetting but I've committed myself to helping Jamie complete The Square Cupboard's window display in time for the 4th of July festivities.

I hope you have a safe 4th of July!!!

12 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad things are going well. Congratulations to your husband for winning his appeal!

Enjoy your weekend and we look forward to hearing from you later on!

Mrs. Shelton said...

Glad you are back! I love that picture with the big balloons. I too have started backing off of things. I took on so much when I moved back home 7 years ago. I am learning to delegate and say no. Unfortunately, blogging is not something I am willing to give up. It is like my journal! I went to Atlanta Market with my friend that has a store last week. By far the most exhausting thing I have EVER done. I won't go back!!!! :)

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

I love Convention. It reminds me of how awesome being in a sorority is/was! Ours was in San Antonio 2 summers ago and I had so much fun.

Also, let's have a drink while you're in ATL. Lawyer's Wife and I will plan it. Just let us know when you're free!

:)

The O'Briens said...

Glad you are back - missed your blogging!

Serah said...

We've missed you!

Our church did Power Lab for VBS, too, and I was the Crew Leader for the 1st and 2nd Graders. Whew! I kept thinking "Brady is NOT going to act like this when he's that age!"

Good luck with all your upcoming events!

Unknown said...

Please don't quit the blog. I love reading yours. I need to call you about some stationary stuff i need.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Several years ago I taught Sunday School for 3-4 year olds and it was crazy. Less than 1.5 hours and I needed a nap. I could barely make it through the hour second church service after teaching. They were adorable but I could never do it more than an hour each week!

Glad you had fun at your Convention. I had the best time at mine too!

Hollie and Janie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I can not wait to post pictures of the notecards!! I am so excited!! Yall have been absolutely wonderful to work with!!
Hollie

Hans1 said...

You don't know me, but I know your business partner, Jennifer. I worked with her at Action/Lane and usually see her every year at Celebration Village.

I just found your blog site a couple of months ago and have enjoyed reading it. Ya'll have a great business - hope it grows for you, and I hope you keep up the blogging, too!

Tasha - http://sillyme2.blogspot.com/

Christi said...

Um, I know you said you were taking a break, but it's been over a month! I'm sure Russell & Bailey have gotten plenty of attention now, so come back to us! Now I feel neglected! ha...just kidding, but really...
Thanks for my card. It made my day! Love you!

Jessi said...

Hi! I just happened upon your blog..I too am a DG, and was been recruitment advisor at Delta Beta for 3 years. We've just moved back to the US and they are trying to get me to get back into advising at UGA. Hope things have gotten less hectic. Stop by my blog sometime.

Katie McCrary said...

come back we miss you