Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fry Fest's Fattening Foods



Yes, this too happened a while ago. It was actually the week I started with my personal trainer, Brooke. She thought it was hilarious that I was asking permission to attend a "fry fest" after only a week of working out. I promised to be on my best behavior. The Fry Fest is actually an annual event at our friend, DeFord Walker's, parents' home. We hated that we missed this last year so we made a valiant effort to attend this time. Little did we know just how much we were missing out! The Fry Fest is a pool party where you're supposed to bring anything you want to try fried. Apparently, foods such as Twinkies, oreos, portobello mushrooms, chicken and vegetables have all been tried before and are proven to be winners. We carried Mac and Cheese and miniature Monte Cristos. Both were a success! Another highlight was a whole chocolate cake for DeFord's father, Harold's, birthday. I wasn't crazy about it but everyone else loved it, especially Russell. All in all, we had a great time with our friends and look forward to next year.

No comments: